What is Grey Hair?
Our hair has a natural coloring produced by pigment cells that contain melanin. As we grow older, these cells will slowly stop producing which hence turn our hair to grey color. However, there are other factors that can affect these pigment cells which caused them to stop producing even at a young age.
What causes Grey Hair?
As mentioned above, having grey hair at a young age is a sign of other health problems which can be solved if discovered early.
Here are some of the factors that contribute to grey hair:
- Lack of Vitamins – Any deficiencies of vitamin B, vitamin D, or vitamin E can contribute to premature graying.
- Genetic – If your family members have grey hair at a young age, it might be passed on to you as well.
- Stress – Yes, stress plays a part in greying of hair leading to premature greying.
- Chemical Hair Dye/ Products – Whenever a chemical is introduced to your hair scalp, it damages them and can lead to premature greying too.
How to prevent Grey Hair?
Although grey hair can’t be prevented, we can try to delay it from happening at a young age.
- Hair Treatment. Try out our Botanical Hair Therapy Treatment. We use Premium traditional Chinese medicine herbs during the treatment as they contain numerous antioxidants and minerals which can help to revitalize your hair. On top of that, the treatment helps to cleanse your scalp which will help strengthen the roots of your hair and promote better hair growth.
2. Eat more fruits that have the right vitamins. Examples are strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
3. Try to relieve the stress you have by doing activities such as Running and Yoga. They can help you relax and boost your immunity as well.
4. Use chemical-free hair products such as our natural Tea Tree Shampoo or Ginseng Shampoo. Using these will definitely prevent damage to your scalp.
Tea Tree Shampoo
It is important to note that once grey hair starts to appear, it is irreversible. So start taking care of your hair right now by doing the right thing!
You can also visit us to seek more hair advice and we are willing to help you!